Who is the most financially literate pupil 2017?
Kirill Chigvintsev is a pupil of the 10th grade of Gomel secondary school No 38. He is an excellent student and he is going to finish school with the gold medal. Kirill's favorite subjects at school are physic and mathematic.
We asked Kirill to tell about himself and share a secret, as he became the first in the Olympiad in financial literacy.
- Kirill, how did you prepare to the Olympiad in financial literacy, who helped you?
- My parents do not have a relationship to the financial sphere, so I prepared myself. I did it very seriously. I studied information on the websites of the National Bank, the Ministry of Finance, and special literature. The site www.fingramota.by I read very carefully. Very useful were the Methodical recommendations for the preparation for the Olympics on financial literacy. I believe that the perseverance and invaluable assistance of my class teacher Elena V. Mohareva brought me a victory.
- What Olympiad questions caused you difficulties?
- The most difficult was to answer questions related to taxation and insurance. Maybe, because in preparing for the Olympics, the emphasis was on studying banking. I think that next year I will correct this moment.
- Have you already decided on your profession?
- Yes, I plan to enter the Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radio Electronics for a specialty related to IT-technologies.
- You will not be an economist? What do you think, will you benefit from the knowledge you received in preparing for the Olympics?
- I am sure that knowledge about finance will be useful. It is useful to be able to understand financial services that you are offered, it is important to know your rights and responsibilities as a consumer of financial services. In the process of preparing for the Olympics, I learned to read documents, learned where to look for one or other information on economic issues.
We congratulate Kirill with the victory, we wish him success and realization of all his plans.
|USD US Dollar||2,0793||2,0793|
|RUB 100 Russian Rubles||3,2206||3,2206|
|Currency basket (USD, EUR, RUB)||0,2646|
The winners of the annual Republican Olympiad on financial literacy among pupils of grades X – XI are named.
Joint Action Plan on Enhancing Financial Literacy of the Population for 2019 – 2024 was adopted in Belarus
Joint Action Plan on Enhancing Financial Literacy of the Population for 2019 – 2024 (in Russian only) (hereinafter – the "Plan") was approved by Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus and the National Bank of the Republic of Belarus No.241/6 dated April 12, 2019.